- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse - AHSP Preop PACU - 10 Hour DaysRequisition # 18001745 Apply Now
Make a difference every day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of excellent healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Highly-trained surgeons perform approximately 32,000 surgeries in 42 operating rooms at Cedars-Sinai each year. Located in the state-of-the-art, eco-friendly Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion is the AHSP 5th floor OR Preop/PACU with nine operating rooms and preoperative and post anesthesia care units performing orthopaedic, sports medicine, and general outpatient surgery procedures.
AHSP Preop/PACU has an immediate part-time opening for a Registered Nurse who will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the Preop/PACU patient population.
- You provide and document direct and indirect patient care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients.
- You provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- You perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- You observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- You plan and implement care based on observations, implementing appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with divers cultural backgrounds.
- You identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association BCLS. ACLS and PALS also required for PACU
- National Specialty Certification required (CPAN). (External applicants must obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty - post anesthesia care. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Full body motion
- Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
- Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting (trunk, neck), bending (waist), flexing/extending/stretching (extremities and trunk)
- Occasional sitting, gripping/grasping, reaching below shoulder level, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, squatting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull at least 100 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - AHSP Preop PACU - 10 Hour Days
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map