Registered Nurse - 12-Hr - Days - GI Lab Preop/PACU
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. Join us today, and you could earn a signing bonus of up to $7500, be sure to ask your recruiter for details.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid - Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
$7500 Sign-on bonus for positions requiring an RN license and additional bonuses available when we hire your referrals
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19003774
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Cedars-Sinai provides virtually every known gastroenterologic procedure and treatment for digestive diseases and disorders. With inpatient and outpatient programs and state-of-the-art technology, specialized and internationally renowned physicians, and a body of research, clinical expertise and results, the Cedars-Sinai Digestive Disease team treats all disorders with skill and experience.
GI Lab PACU has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse.
- You administer and perform Moderate Sedation as per the “Sedation” policy.
- You demonstrate knowledge of pre-procedure and post anesthesia care procedures, physical, emotional, psychological and other special needs of a patient undergoing GI procedures
- You demonstrate knowledge of implements pre-procedural testing and other clinical guidelines and protocols as appropriate and integrate data received, initiating early and appropriate interventions
- When assigned charge nurse responsibility you will also handle unit activity throughout the shift and initiate chain of command as appropriate
- You participate in at least 50% of unit meetings and provide constructive input to assist in unit direction.
- You provide assistance to co-workers, new staff, temporary staff and students; evaluating and documenting the orientation process.
- You delegate and assign tasks to licensed and unlicensed health care workers within the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association BCLS, ACLS and PALS
- National Specialty Certificate preferred (i.e. CPAN)
- Minimum three years recent acute RN experience in specialty - PACU or critical care experience required. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience can be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Upon completion of the Moderate Sedation Competency & Post Test, demonstrate knowledge of/and implement approved discharge criteria for patients post sedation/anesthesia.
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - 12-Hr - Days - GI Lab Preop/PACU
- Department: GI Lab PACU
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map