Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
What will you be doing in this role?
The Registered Diet Tech (DTR) provides nutrition care services to patients under the guidance of a Registered Dietitian (RD) and within scope of practice and ADA Practice Standards. The Diet Tech assists the Clinical Dietitian in the screening and evaluation of the nutrition care needs of patients, development of nutritional care plans, diet counseling, and recordkeeping. DTR's may supervise patient food service production and service under supervisory guidance. Meets the food and service expectations of patients and visitors. Performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to the special population(s) served. DTR's will interact effectively with inter- and/or intra-department medical and support personnel to meet patient care goals and provide timely response to requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality services based on patients expectations and needs
- Interviews patients to obtain and verify information. Demonstrates appropriate patient interview techniques.
- Reviews diet orders as part of the evaluation process. Explain menu modifications/substitutions to patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of nutrition risk factors
- DTR's provides direct care to individual patients on designated units in the inpatient acute care setting
*$5,000 Sign On Bonus*
- B.A./B.S. in Dietetics, Nutrition or related field
- Registered by Commission on Dietetic Registration (DTR) or eligible to take the National Registration exam.
- Experience in healthcare food and nutrition service operations and/or as a diet aide, or comparable experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement.
- Working Title: Registered Diet Technician I (DTR) - Full Time - ($5,000 Sign On Bonus)
- Department: Food Svcs-Clinical Dietetic
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Nutrition
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later