Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Rapid Response Nurse is a proficient and experienced clinician who is primarily responsible for managing emergent clinical deterioration of non-ICU patients. As a Rapid Response RN you will be responsible for
- managing rapid prevention and treatment of patients experiencing sepsis, CVA, respiratory distress, acute coronary syndrome and other comorbidities.
- recognizing, assessing, coordinating, interpreting clinical surveillance data, re-evaluating the nursing care plan of patients and communicating that plan to the assigned team members and bedside clinical team.
- possessing an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of nursing care for a specific unit patient population to include patients and their families, utilizing conscientious consideration for patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- performing crisis intervention as a first priority and be a lead resource when responding to Rapid Response, Code Blue, Code Stroke, and Code Yellow.
- being regarded as a resource for staff on patient care issues.
- providing consultative assessments to help facilitate higher level transfers into Cedars Sinai Medical Center for the Transfer Center.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- ANCC Specialty Certification
- Complete Cedars-Sinai Taking Charge Workshop within 6 months.
- Minimum 3 years recent acute Intensive Care Unit RN experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- For Internal RNs: Be CNIII for at least one year preferred.
Working Title:Rapid Response Nurse - Capacity Management - 12-Hour Days
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later