Radiologic Interventional Technologist (IR Tech) - Outpatient Oncology ClinicRequisition # 20000811 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Perform advanced diagnostic and Vascular/Non-Vascular Interventional procedures such as Interventional Radiography, diagnostic fluoroscopy and diagnostic general radiography (x-Ray) procedures.
- Circulates and scrubs in to assist physicians during diagnostic and interventional procedures. This includes preparing and discarding the supplies and medications needed on a sterile field , loading biopsy and other interventional devices, and ensuring that the sterile field is not contaminated.
- Perform inventory management and process ordering of interventional supplies.
- Perform post process advanced 3D reconstruction
- Assists in performing Pre-Ops, SOP’s and properly triages patient’s pre-procedure
- Performs venipunctures, draws specimens and maintains competencies.
- Acquires patient questionnaire, chart, data/requisition and reviews all to determine contraindication of having an Interventional examination. Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the exam and educates patients regarding procedures and equipment.
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS. When applicable, completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork
- Administers proper contrast related to patient having an IR exam
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for patient accessibility. Immediately reports any malfunctions; observes potential equipment dysfunctions and reports problems or calls for service
- May be required to rotate through all imaging modalities, sites, and/or locations
- Perform Imaging equipment QA/QC and perform PACS/RIS QC
- Train other staff members
- Assist with scheduling of patients as needed
- Actively participates in special projects and process improvement
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Completion of Radiologic Technology program approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required
- Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association required
- California Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) License required
- California Fluoroscopy Permit required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification required
- A minimum of 1 year of Interventional Radiography experience required
Keywords: Interventional Radiology, Tech, IR Tech, Technologist, Oncology, Cancer, CRT, ARRT, Fluoroscopy
- Working Title: Radiologic Interventional Technologist (IR Tech) - Outpatient Oncology Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map