- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Radiologic Intervention Technologist - Rad Intervention/Imaging - Full-TimeRequisition # 20003239 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – perfection and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have phenomenal resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
The Interventional Technologist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center must be a self-motivated team player. High level of interpersonal skills and critical-thinking skills are a must. Incumbent is expected to be very responsible, dependable and will perform basic and advanced Peripheral, Body and Neuro Vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures.
The Radiologic Intervention Technologist includes technologists who assist physician in performing Radiologic Interventional procedures that may range in complexity depending on the clinical area, but could be non-complex in nature or are at an entry level. Performs exams relative to patient population. May transport medications from the delivery area to an authorized imaging area. Ensures that the room is functioning properly, stocked and prepared for various assigned procedures. Exercises cultural competency in providing patient education. Responsible for maintaining a safe environment and identifying and reporting any safety concerns.
Note: Incumbent will work varied hours dependent on the needs of the department and will be part of the on-call rotation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs Radiologic Interventional procedures utilizing approved protocols per standards of practice for safety, speed, organization, precision and accuracy based upon the department’s accrediting agency and/or department guidelines for exam protocols, adhering to department safety, radiation safety, and productivity standards.
- Per the Radiologic Intervention technologist's scope of practice and in accordance with institutional and departmental sterilization protocols, policies and procedures, receives and transcribes verbal orders from licensed independent practitioners.
- Scrubs, monitors, assists and circulates safely and timely; supplying necessary equipment and performing vascular site management, while supporting FDA approved and clinical research procedures.
- Reviews all documentation and properly post processes all Radiologic Interventional images for accuracy and prepares/sends images to designated viewing systems. Inputs accurate and timely documentation in all applicable electronic medical records systems, workbooks and or logs. Responsible for weekend and begin and/or end of shift duties as applicable to shift assignment.
- Actively participates in inventory control, assures rooms are properly stocked, and maintains par requirements. Maintains crash cart as needed.
- Assists physicians performing non-complex procedures and ensures all supplies and/or devices are prepared and available in accordance with sterile technique and infection control policies and practices.
High School Diploma or GED required
College Diploma - Graduate of JRCET accredited radiological program required
Basic Life Support (BCLS) Certification required
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist - ARRT required
California Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist with Fluoroscopy required
VI or CV certificate preferred or in process
2 years of Radiologic Interventional experience preferred
Recent graduates will be considered as well
- Working Title: Radiologic Intervention Technologist - Rad Intervention/Imaging - Full-Time
- Department: Rad Intervention
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map