Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What you be doing in this role:
Under the supervision of the Chief Radiation Therapist and the professional direction of a Radiation Oncologist, the Radiation Therapist job is expected to administer radiation treatments to cancer patients; Verification of treatment plans & Quality Checklist; Documentation of treatment, daily and weekly linear accelerator QA, portal images, and CBCT; Coordinates and schedules patients in Mosaiq system; Notifies appropriate person of EPIC scheduling changes; Follows physicians prescription and carries out all instructions; Verifies mathematical accuracy of treatment prescription; Detects equipment malfunction, troubleshoots and reports problem to appropriate person; Demonstrates appropriate medical knowledge when caring for patients with urgent/emergent patients; Demonstrates effective time management; proactively assists other team members to meet teamwork goals. Your duties will include:
- Accurate Set-up and treatment of patients as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist
- Utilizing imaging technologies for the purpose of simulation, treatment planning, and treatment delivery as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist
- Operation of linear accelerator, including proper patient positioning and monitoring of patient during procedure
- Performing weekly portal images, and daily CBCT, KV, VisionRT prior to delivering treatment.
- Accurately completing and charting all simulation and treatment summaries, report and documentations, along with photographs of set up and tattooing of patient as required
- Appropriate and timely documentation of treatments
- Patient management and education
- Documenting daily pain assessment
- Verifying correct side/site; Patient name; DOB prior to treatment
- Proactively assisting other team members to meet teamwork goals
- Assisting with The Joint Commission readiness within the department
- Ensuring medical equipment is maintained and functioning properly, including daily warm-up procedures and quality assurance
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives
A minimum of 1 years' technical experience as a Radiation Therapist. 3 years' technical experience as a Radiation Therapist preferred.
Associate Degree in ARRT approved Radiation Therapy Program required. Bachelors Degree in ARRT approved Radiation Therapy Program preferred.
- California Therapeutic Radiation Technologist Certification required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology Certification required
- Basic Life Support Certification required
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
- Working Title: Radiation Therapist- Radiation Oncology
- Department: OCC-Radiation Therapy
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Nuclear/Invasive
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later