- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Quality Assurance & Testing Specialist IIRequisition # HRC0357493 Apply Now
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
This position will be responsible for coordinating and performing testing activities for a variety of EIS systems/applications-related projects. The individual in this role will interact with system developers, database administrators, and end-users, and must be able to effectively communicate project needs across all groups. This individual will also have the opportunity to assist in the definition and implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Develops routine test plans and scripts from functional and business specifications, and undocumented changes.
- Manages Regression and User Acceptance Testing, as needed.
- Leads test cycle sessions, as needed.
- Follows-up with development staff to research, isolate and resolve testing issues.
- Provides planned and ad-hoc problem analysis, as needed.
- Provides coverage analysis of test suites and test efforts.
- Develops testing documentation and report on test process and results.
- Implements automated testing tools.
- Validates and documents product functionality across releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience/technical training.
- Three (3) years working in software development, with at least two (2) of those years working in a systems testing or QA function.
- Experience in performing functional, integration, and regression testing.
- Experience coordinating test efforts.
Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in PC computing environments desirable; in-depth experience in one or more of the following is critical: networking, programming, databases, application design, requirements analysis, ambiguity reviews.
Experience in working with clinical systems is a plus.
Experience with Service Now is a plus.
- Working Title: Quality Assurance & Testing Specialist II
- Department: EIS QA & Testing Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: IT Quality Assurance/QC
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map