Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's AIM Group develops medical software with applications in the nuclear medicine and nuclear cardiology fields. AIM applies complex rules-based algorithms, deep learning and machine learning techniques in its software programs used by clinicians all over the world to assist in diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease. AIM software products are widely considered to represent the gold standard in the field.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Testing Engineer to join our team. This is a full-time position within our development group and the lead for all software QA tasks for our full suite of software applications. You will work closely with development team to fully understand software features and author and execute test plans to thoroughly test these features. Will create and maintain all QA related documentation such as comprehensive master test plans, software builds specific acceptance test plans, regression test plans, Microsoft Windows or OEM Vendor base platform specific acceptance plans, etc. Will ensure that all scripted, non-scripted and automated tests plans are executed before software releases as needed and maintain effective communication with software engineers on any test failures or relevant limitations with the software feature being tested.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support regulatory product manager with QA related documentation needed for regulatory clearances.
- Serve as liaison between Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) and AIM vendor partners for purposes of reproducing software defects.
- Be the system administrator for dedicated vendor workstations, internal test computers and test VMs needed to conduct tests.
- Proactively provide recommendations regarding improvement of testing practices.
- Understand and ensure that software complies with all quality requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience/technical training is required
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a software development environment, with at least 2 of those years working in a system testing or QA function.
- Knowledge of Cedars-Sinai Cardiac Suite preferred.
- Experience writing and maintaining test plans preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multitask.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Knowledge of test techniques preferred (black box, white box, unit, integrations).
- Working Title: QA Test Specialist - AIM Group
- Department: Intellectual Prop Cardiac Imag
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: IT Quality Assurance/QC
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later