PsychiatristRequisition # 19004678 Apply Now
Reporting to and under the direction of the Department Chairman, the Staff Physician I in the Department of Psychiatry will participate in programmatic activities which support the Medical Center’s mission of quality patient care, research, and education. The Staff Physician I will maintain procedures which ensure the highest level of patient care and the highest standards of quality. The Staff Physician I will work in collaboration with the Department Chairman and Administration for policy and procedure development and performance improvement in the program.
Provide services in the following areas of responsibility:
* To the extent that these Programmatic services involve your professional physician clinical services, and notwithstanding any estimated time commitment set forth herein, you shall at all times be acting and serving as an independent contractor with respect to the Medical Center in your performance of your professional physician clinical services. The Medical Center shall neither have nor exercise any control or direction over the methods by which you perform your professional physician clinical services.
- Delivery of comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and treatment services for patients and their families throughout the Medical Center, including crisis management and supportive services.
- Participation with multidisciplinary care teams in clinical areas throughout the Medical Center, leading collaborative program development and quality improvement initiatives.
- Delivery of integrated psychiatric services supporting other clinical programs and departments in the Medical Center.
- Development and participation in patient-centered treatment initiatives involving Consultation Liaison Psychiatry and sub-specialty medical populations requiring integrated mental health interventions (i.e. Emergency Psychiatry, Psycho-oncology, HIV Disorders, Ambulatory Care Medicine, Surgical Trauma, Geriatrics, Neurology, Organ Transplantation).
- Attendance and participation in departmental and hospital meetings and committees.
- Participation and coordination of appropriate patient care conferences and staff support services.
- Represents the department in Performance Improvement Committees, the Psychiatry Faculty Meeting, and serves on other key committees deemed appropriate both internally and externally to the organization.
- Completes all documentation and charting on the same day or shift as the clinical service rendered.
- Bills for direct patient care activity, and submits billing documentation on the same day or shift as the clinical service rendered.
- Works closely with other staff and communicates patient sign out/handoff at change of shift.
- Available via pager or cell phone with a 15 minute response time.
- Develop and oversee departmental educational initiatives for trainees, physician-colleagues, and allied health / nursing professionals, including GME rotations for psychiatry and non-psychiatry trainees.
- Participates, supports, and/or leads the development of didactic activities and CME programming, including conferences, inpatient teaching activities, and rounds.
- Develop an active health services research program in psychiatry, obtaining national recognition for scholarly contributions, as recognized by publications, invited lectures, visiting scholars, and fellows trained.
- Participates in conducting CL-based studies.
- Participates in writing of manuscripts for submission for publication based on database information.
Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards including quality assurance and licensure requirements within the divisions. Assist in establishing and maintaining a quality assurance program acceptable to CSMC as required by The Joint Commission, state and other agencies, which shall include a systematic review of the quality, safety, and appropriateness of services rendered.
Pursuant to the Minimum Necessary Information Access Policy, the minimum access to individually identifiable patient information permitted for this individual is secured and maintained in the home department’s employee file.
1. Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
2. Board Certification (or eligibility) in Psychiatry
3. Unrestricted California license as Physician
4. CSMC Medical Staff Membership
5. A published author of peer reviewed articles, with ability to serve as principal or co-investigator
6. A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care and administration
7. Computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of windows and/or a comparable operating system that sufficiently provides for access to patient and other business information
- Working Title: Psychiatrist
- Department: Psych Chair
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Faculty
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map