Project Scientist - Per Diem - Smidt Heart Institute - Cheng Lab
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Project Scientist - Per Diem - Smidt Heart Institute - Cheng Lab at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0662687
As a Per Diem Project Scientist, you will work independently and in cooperation with the Principal Investigator to make significant and creative contributions to a research or creative project in any academic discipline. You may be an ongoing member of a research team or may be employed for a limited period of time to contribute high-level skills to a specific research or creative program. Our Project Scientists are not required to carry out independent research or to develop an independent research reputation and do not have teaching responsibilities. Ordinarily, the Project Scientist title will carry out research or creative programs as well as administration of day-to-day lab operations with supervision by a member of the Professorial Series.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, submissions, publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May serve as PI for certain grants as approved by supervising member of the Professorial Series.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- May develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Assists in lab experiments.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- May lead or train Staff Research Associates and Research Fellows.
- Will assist in day-to-day laboratory activities.
- Appointees on an academic trajectory will be expected to commit a portion of their time to developing an independent range of research.
- PhD or highest degree in their field is required
- Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization is required
- Minimum of 3 years as a post doctoral fellow.
- Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization.
- Knowledge of PI’s area of research specialization.
- Demonstrated technical competency in a variety of research techniques and protocols.
- Demonstrated significant, original, and creative contributions to a research or creative program or project
- Working Title: Project Scientist - Per Diem - Smidt Heart Institute - Cheng Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Academic/Research Services
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.