- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Project Scientist (Operations Coordinator and Proteomic Project Manager) - Smidt Heart Institute - Van Eyk LabRequisition # 20003205 Apply Now
The Proteomics and Metabolomics Core in the Advanced Clinical Biosystems Research Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking a Operations Coordinator and Proteomic Project Manager (Project Scientist) to join our dynamic and cutting edge research team. You will be responsible for managing customer relationships and coordinating the intake, assignment, implementation, and completion of all projects processed through the Core facility. This is a highly collaborative position, with supervisory and project management responsibilities. While specific aspects of the core workflows will be trained, prior experience with proteomic sample preparation techniques, mass spectrometry, and general informatic processing is a requirement. In this role, you will assess the goals and requirements of each customer of the core and work with the managers of the other Core branches (ELISA, Metabolomics) as well as supervise a small team of technicians in order to complete each project. The Core Coordinator and Proteomics Manager will also track performance metrics and work with the Associate Director to engage in ongoing performance evaluation and improvement activity.
Coordinates day to day operations of the core and directs Proteomic projects:
- Field inquiries from users / customers.
- Schedule and coordinate intake and project planning meetings, with Associate Director or other team members as needed.
- Work with Associate Director to assign new projects to an implementation team.
- Coordinate ongoing projects and the MS acquisition queue, moving each project through respective stages as needed.
- Supervise technical core staff.
- Interface with MS team and coordinate project transition into acquisition stage.
- Coordinate transition through data analysis and engages bioinformatics team as needed.
- Holds ‘data debriefing’ meetings with customers as projects are completed and released to users.
- Works with Financial Manager to manage Core supplies budget, instrument charge back fees, invoicing and account close out upon payment.
- Manages iLABs interface, and works with Communication manager, Financial manager, and Associate Director to update services menu and pricing as needed.
- Assists the Associate Director and Innovation Manager in identifying key areas of need for technological development.
- Oversee technical core staff to complete ongoing performance improvement and adaptation of core SOPs, including identifying, testing, and optimizing new or improved techniques for sample preparation, MS acquisition.
- Collect and report performance metrics regarding customer experience, project timelines, and general proteomic data quality and participate in addition of new metrics as needed for ongoing performance improvement.
- PhD or highest degree in their field is required
- Demonstrated significant, original, and creative contributions to a research or creative program or project
- Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization
- Minimum of 3 years as a post-doctoral fellow.
- Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization.
- Knowledge of PI's area of research specialization.
- Demonstrated technical competency in a variety of research techniques and protocols.
- Working Title: Project Scientist (Operations Coordinator and Proteomic Project Manager) - Smidt Heart Institute - Van Eyk Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map