Project Manager - Study Start Activation - Cancer Clinical Trials Office (Remote Option)Apply Now Share
Highly qualified candidates, residing in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Florida, and Georgia, will be considered for remote work.
The Cedars-Sinai Cancer Research Team is committed to pursuing groundbreaking research into disease method, diagnostic innovations, new technologies, and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, we have physicians and scientists that are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease!
Would you like to be a part of an innovating team? We look forward to having you join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research!
The Project Manager is responsible for managing assigned projects from initiation to delivery, including project definition, assignment of responsibilities, coordinating project teams, setting deadlines, and monitoring expenses. This position manages all or most phases of the project and resources, utilizing industry standard project management tools and techniques. Ensures that all phases of the project are completed per project timeline and budget. In collaboration with key partners this role identifies and resolves obstacles to completing projects on time and within budget.
Note: a project has a defined scope, defined start and end, and typically impacts more than one department, function, or group.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with all key partners to manage the deployment and completion of all aspects and stages of the project assigned. Coordinates project teams, assigns responsibilities, develops project schedules, and determines resource requirements. Ensures requirements are managed and delivered per project timeline, and identifies and mitigates risks for implementation. Partners with leadership to assess, track and resolve risks.
- Develops and documents plans that ensure all necessary preparation, execution tasks and dependencies are identified and included. Ensures that necessary resources and skills are allocated for project success. Assesses needs, evaluates solutions, makes recommendations, and advances to senior leaders/key partners, if needed.
- Responsible for the oversight of functional project team, including partnering closely with subject matter professionals to help gather, assess and track project deliverables. Hold project teams accountable for project deliverables, resolves issues and conflicts, and advances resource or budget issues.
- Provides cross-functional solution direction and guidance, including aiding in resolving any conflicting project decisions. Discusses business case scenarios, presents to senior management and guides team(s) on implementing the best solution through consensus building.
- Operates as a full cross-functional leader/member of the project team by supporting project leadership and other team members with resolving obstacles, ensuring collaboration between teams, and providing project updates and communication.
- Creates and/or reviews project communications and updates with all partners, in partnership with project leadership. Ensures an effective organisational change strategy is developed and implemented.
- May be responsible for managing budget, costing, timing and other resources including vendor management, staffing and/or deliverables to ensure utilization within the project guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing later phase solutions, if applicable.
Additional responsibilities that are only performed in the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) below:
- Provide management of SOCC trials during the study activation phase, including conducting quality review and maintaining inventory of study status throughout the study study-up process.
- Implement quality measures in documenting and tracking trials within the pipeline in a Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS).
- Compile study start-up related metrics for use by senior management including, but not limited, to finance and regulatory Units.
- Report and/or update Unit Managers, Disease Research Group Leads (DRG), and CCTO leadership on the status of study submissions within the portfolio and lead Study Activation Committee meetings.
- Facilitate the study activation process by serving as a liaison between Clinical Research Office (CRO) Units including, but not limited to, regulatory, finance, and Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC) Coordinator and resolve departmental barriers to ensure timely study activation.
- Collaborate and connect with institutional offices, including Sponsored Research Funds Administration (SRFA) and Industry Sponsored Research Office (ISRO) to track study activation, communicate issues, and work with interdepartmental leaders to address obstacles to timely study activation.
- Work directly with senior management to examine opportunities for decreasing study time to activation and encourage the use of novel approaches across CRO Units to resolve issues and problems.
- Develop and lead educational efforts at SOCCI pertaining to study time to activation.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
Teamwork/Customer Relation Responsibilities:
- Collaborates to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s).
- Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables.
- Shares knowledge and time to assist other members of the team.
- Cultivates and maintains strong customer relationships and rapport with partners and groups.
- Ensures practices and procedures are inclusive of interpersonal and cultural diversity.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- Bachelor's Degree Health care, Business Administration, or a related field, preferred.
- Project Mgmt Professional PMP (Project Management Professional) upon hire, preferred.
- 5 years Program or Project Management, Project support and/or leadership experience, required.
- Working Title: Project Manager - Study Start Activation - Cancer Clinical Trials Office (Remote Option)
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later