- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Project Associate Per Diem - Communications WriterRequisition # HRC0359397 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire people who are passionate about helping others. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What you will be doing:
The Project Associate Per Diem – Communications Writer supports members of the Communications/Media team by writing specialized stories as assigned about Cedars-Sinai programs, patients, research and initiatives, with emphasis on science content. The stories will appear in news releases, on the Cedars-Sinai Newsroom and on internal channels as appropriate. Works directly with physicians, patients, scientists, operational leaders, nurses and other Cedars-Sinai staff to produce stories and assists with video news content. This Project Associate Per Diem - Communications is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with guidelines for usage of content, patient consenting processes and standards for editorial accuracy and style.
Supports and collaborates with executive director and Communications team members to write stories as assigned, with an emphasis on science and research coverage. Responsibilities also may include filming news interviews/footage for stories.
Responsibilities include consenting patients and coordinating interviews for physicians and other Cedars-Sinai staff.
Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional teams.
Delivers stories and other work products in an efficient and timely manner.
Collaborates to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
Ensures that practices and procedures respect interpersonal and cultural diversity.
Identifies and responds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources.
What we're looking for:
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related major required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience professional writing in journalism, corporate communications or related field. Science writing experience/knowledge of covering research studies is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate time management and priority setting skills, with a work week of up to 25 hours.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Superior writing and research skills. Ability to spot a broad range of news and feature story ideas.
- Ability to promote and foster participation/collaboration among individuals and groups.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and clients in a collegial, professional manner.
- Ability to provide and/or support a level of work excellence and accuracy, recognize and address flaws or errors that others may overlook.
- Consistent and intense attention to detail. Ability to work with great accuracy under deadline pressure.
- Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- Working Title: Project Associate Per Diem - Communications Writer
- Department: Pub Rel
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map