Programmer Analyst - Precision Biomarker Laboratory
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0604687
Everyone’s unique health journey is informed by data. Join us as we translate today's discoveries into tomorrow's medicine.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking a programmer or developer to design, build and maintain software applications for data analysis, data processing, visualization, and interpretation! The novel workflows being developed as part of the ongoing bioinformatics initiatives have fundamentally different analytical and visualization requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying new software applications, maintaining existing in-house platforms, perform routine system-administration tasks and provide support to researchers & clinicians as well as the bioinformatics team with their ongoing efforts. Highly qualified candidates, residing in Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Florida, and Georgia, will be considered for remote work.
You will be highly motivated, with a proven record of scientific productivity, excellence in communication, collaboration, and enthusiasm to join a growing, dynamic group, to build an organization centered on cutting-edge technology, and to develop tools based on complex high-dimensional research and clinical data sets. Your challenge is to develop and maintain a range of complex data analysis tools and algorithms while providing the necessary support to the proteomics research & assay development teams within the newly formed Precision Biomarkers Laboratory at Cedar-Sinai.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design develop and support moderately complex scientific applications written in various programming languages using current and new development technology.
- Software-engineering to improve usability, extensibility and scalability of existing programs including development of custom software interfaces & automation/optimization of tasks.
- Support the bioinformatics team through deployment, testing and tool-based enhancements of ongoing pipeline development efforts.
- Debug and maintain deployments of core applications, databases, and utilities.
- Translate customer requirements, recommend system solutions, and formulate detailed specifications from which programs are written. Work closely with business partners to produce quality products that meet business needs.
- Provide Technical Support to researchers and scientists with complex software tools and analytics for basic and clinical research.
- Participate in technical meetings and create technical documentation as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field. Master's or Doctorate's degree, preferred.
Experience and Skillset:
- 3 years experience managing application design, software development and maintenance.
- 1 - 2 years experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud and Rest APIs.
- Experience with bug tracking and version control software (e.g. JIRA, Github etc.).
- Experience in developing software for clinical and/or biological data analysis preferred.
- Strong background with Unix/Linux (Servers that data is on) and administration preferred.
- Self-motivated; learns new tasks quickly; works well independently with minimal supervision and able to multitask.
- Working Title: Programmer Analyst - Precision Biomarker Laboratory
- Department: Precision Biomarker Labs
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.