Our Programmer/Analyst (Software Engineer) is a key, full-time position within our cutting-edge application development and research group for multimodality fusion and quantification of cardiac imaging. Under the direction of the Research Scientist/Principal Investigator, as a Programmer/Analyst, you will develop both new and existing features and modules within our software applications, for multimodality fusion and quantification of cardiac imaging. Responsibilities include programming and saoftware development of modules in C++ for cardiac imaging, application troubleshooting and debugging, user interface design and development for multimodality fusion and quantification, optimization of code performance, preparing installation of developed applications and the development of documentation, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Application development in C++, application troubleshooting and debugging, for multimodality fusion and quantification of cardiac imaging.
- Advanced User interface design and development for medical imaging and image fusion applications.
- Development of new medical image analysis algorithms.
- 3D and 4D medical imaging visualization module development.
- Optimization of code performance.
- Preparation of documentation.
- Installation of developed applications.
- Integration of newly developed research features into mainstream code.
- Active collaboration with senior scientists on research projects and publications.
- System administration and maintenance for local workstations and servers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics or related field is required
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Vision Engineering preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience with multimodality medical imaging software application design and implementation.
- Five (5)+ years of programming experience.
- Must be proficient in C++ programming.
- Proficiency with implementation of graphical user interface.
- Proficiency with VTK, ITK, Qt and DICOM toolkits.
- Proficiency with deployment of machine learning research algorithms.
- Proficiency with source code control.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency in mathematics, 3D geometry and computer vision.
- Proficiency in image processing, interactive imaging applications and computer vision.
- System administration skills (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of healthcare applications and terminology.
- Understanding of biostatistics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, researchers, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly, self-motivated, works well independently with minimal supervision and ability to multitask.
- Creative, highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively.
- Working Title: Programmer/Analyst - Cardiac Imaging Research - Berman Lab
- Department: Home Dept-Pressman
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later