Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is committed to pursuing pioneering research into disease mechanism, diagnostic innovations and new technologies and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, our physicians and scientists are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research!
The Clinical Research Program Manger is responsible for advising and managing a specified program within the clinical research operations unit, department, or division. Provides leadership, mentorship and direction for the day-to-day clinical research operations and activities, including authority to make independent decisions regarding program operations, administration, and governance. Ensures compliant, efficient, and effective conduct of the clinical trials within the portfolio. Establishes, implements, and evolves operational standards and supervises quality and progress.
- Coordinates and/or leads the assigned recognized organizational clinical research program and has authority for day-to-day program operations and administration. May be responsible for program development or expansion. Plans and implements program operations, identifies and develops governance, processes and/or guidelines, coordinates program activities and timelines, and coordinates assets to meet program objectives.
- May identify program participants and lead cross-functional teams in the administration, maintenance or expansion of the CCTO
- Collaborate with internal and external key collaborators including other departments, leaders across the organization, representatives from external agencies/organizations in the management of the program to provide mentorship, resolve issues, grow the program, and/or implement processes and/or solutions. Identifies and defines any logistics, action items, changes, or information needed to effectively manage the program.
- Identifies growth opportunities and further efficiencies that impact the program and/or departments success and aids in development of strategic plans to achieve objectives. Runs study intake process, evaluates feasibility, and providing recommendations or making decisions to support the success of the clinical research program. Maintain and further develop program growth, community outreach activities, as well as relationship building and maintenance.
- Researches and analyzes data for evaluating performance of program or program operations, including quality assurance and trends. Makes recommendations to leadership and/or implements program changes based on findings. Provides data and/or summary findings to program participants, collaborators, leadership, and/or cross-functional teams.
- Assesses communication and training needs, develops and implements any applicable communication, education, training, on-boarding and/or mentorship pertaining to the team. Advises stakeholders of any changes to the program.
- In conjunction with leadership, responsible for planning, monitoring, and leading program fiscal budgets and financials, and resolves or advances issues.
- Maintains data system integrity and ensures quality assurance measures are followed based on departmental standard operating procedures. May provide ad hoc reporting to support recommendations observed through trend analysis for future planning and improvements
- Supervises program to ensure appropriate governance and program compliance with local, state and federal laws; accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's Degree Healthcare, Management, or related field preferred
- 5 management, Program or Project Management, or related experience required
- 3 years related experience in the area of specialization within clinical research or industry setting required
- Experience leading the operations of a clinical trial preferred
- Working Title: Program Manager - Cancer Clinical Trials Office
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later