Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also received the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
With direction from the Chief Patient Experience Officer and department Manager, the Patient Experience Program Coordinator will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all patient experience activities across Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The Program Coordinator will assist the Manager in serving as a champion to complete all action items on the annual Patient Experience Action Plan, thereby improving patient satisfaction scores across the Medical Center. Under the direction of the Chief Patient Experience Office and Manager:
- Assists in managing multiple projects as outlined in the Patient Experience Action Plan, including project charter development, rollout, implementation and sustainment.
- Facilitates patient experience improvement projects by coordinating resources from internal departments and ensuring successful project completion.
- Ensures consistent communication to Cedars-Sinai leadership team on action plan and project status.
- Helps guide all patient experience improvement efforts related to coaching and mentoring programs, service training workshops, new hire service onboarding, and recognition activities.
- Assists in leading a multi-disciplinary team through targeted process improvement projects to improve the patient experience.
- Assists with detailed data analysis of patient satisfaction scores to provide to all staff and providers, and push for continued internal and external best practice in data capture and reporting.
- Assists in the management of the Office of Patient Experience resources, including potential staff management, budget development and adherence, and external resource/vendor management.
- Ensures compliance with related regulatory standards relating to patient satisfaction and process improvement efforts.
- Remains current with patient experience trends and industry updates and distribute appropriately within Cedars-Sinai.
High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelors degree in Healthcare, Management, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years progressively responsible administrative or strategic support experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years in hospital-based patient experience program, focused on data analytics related to patient feedback preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of healthcare experience, with a focus on performance improvement in a clinical setting preferred.
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding benefits, competitive salaries and health and dental insurance, we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
- Working Title: Program Coordinator, Patient Experience
- Department: Office of Patient Experience
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later