- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Postdoctoral Scientist - Turkson LabRequisition # 20003100 Apply Now
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Begin with Employees Just Like You
Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Work alongside physician-scientists and researchers who are making life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Our researchers develop some of the most advanced clinical trials in the world. Here, you will be a part of leading-edge cancer research history that improves our cancer patients' treatment options, one trial at a time.
Turkson Lab is a drug discovery and development research group of biologists and medicinal chemists. The lab runs a multi-disciplinary research operation that is focused on targeting cancer pathways, including the Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT)3 signaling pathway, for the discovery and development of suitable small molecule and natural inhibitors as potential new anticancer therapeutics. Research interests also cover the application of small molecules and natural products as chemical probes to interrogate signaling pathways in cancer for mechanistic understanding.
The Turkson Lab is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist who can perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the field of cancer biology. He/She will develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyze and interpret data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Responsible for designing experiments, assembling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Responsible for the design of experiments in cooperation with the mentor.
- Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the mentor.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization, with demonstrable laboratory experience in drug discovery and natural products research, and in vivo mouse models for antitumor efficacy and pharmacology.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on ipactful body of work.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience (1-4 years) in drug discovery and natural products research, in vivo mouse work, antitumor efficacy, and pharmacology, with some experience in molecular biology, tumor cell biology, microbiology, and protein purification and production.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Ability to function in a team environment and use interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Turkson Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map