The Theodorescu Lab at Cedars-Sinai is looking to hire a postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in cancer immunology. In this project you will be characterizing the tumor microenvironment of bladder cancer, with emphasis on mechanisms of immune-evasion orchestrated by tumor cells while also identifying immune system agonists or antagonists that modulate tumor behavior in vivo. To dissect cancer-specific vulnerabilities, we will combine techniques of biochemistry, molecular biology, and Crispr/Cas9 technologies, together with the use of innovative mouse models we have developed. A recent example of the type of work that will be undertaken is our papers by Guin (J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014;106(5)) and Tu (SCIENCE Adv. 2019; 20;5(2)) and associates. Our final goal is to identify novel biomarkers and interventions for cancer that will improve patient outcomes.
This individual would join our exciting cancer research group. The successful candidate will be a driven, creative, team-oriented individual with a passion for helping to discover and move fundamental cancer biologic findings towards a clinical setting. We employ many different in vitro and in vivo approaches and seek individuals with a strong background in cell and molecular immunology. We welcome applications from both recent PhD or MD/PhD recipients and individuals seeking additional postdoctoral training. Strong preference will be given to individuals with an outstanding publication record from their prior graduate and/or postgraduate training and/or existing extramural funding.For more information please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Research/Research-Labs/Theodorescu-Lab/
Essential job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and performs experiments. Keeps detailed experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Develops, adapts, and implements new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Assists in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Meets with PI on a regular basis to discuss research progress and plans.
- May be asked to write small grant proposals or NRSA/T32 applications.
- Spends about 75% of time on bench research experimentation and 25% of time on writing articles/analyzing data/online research.
Education and ExperIEnce requirements:
Doctorate (PhD or MD/PhD) in immunology or area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Ability to work semi-independently on research projects within an area of specialization.
- Thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and the objectives to be accomplished during the one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrates aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection and analysis.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Theodorescu Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later