Funded Postdoctoral Scientist positions are available in Sergei Grivennikov Lab at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles,
Our lab is actively studying immunology, microbiota, tissue microenvironment and cancer using various animal models, organoids and a vast array of modern cutting edge technologies. We work with models of intestinal inflammation, gastrointestinal cancers, effects of microbiota, inflammation and microbial metabolites on tissue inflammation and regeneration, as well as on cancer formation, progression and metastasis .
Main research directions in the lab include:
- Role of cytokine pathways and inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer
- Role of functional microbiota in induction of inflammation, tumorigenesis and cancer metastasis
- Role of Tumor microenvironment in progression of colon and pancreatic cancers.
As the lab has recently relocated to Cedars-Sinai, it undergoes growth and we are looking for passionate scientists who can work independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other scientists in the lab. Successful candidates will be able to contribute into current projects in the lab as well as to develop their own line(s) of research within the broad scientific interests of the lab.
Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the fields of immunology and cancer biology and will be responsible for conceptual and technical contribution to drive exciting projects forward.
Formal responsibilities include:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals and apply for project-related fellowships and grants
- Responsible for the design of experiments in cooperation with the mentor.
- Responsible for conceptual development of the project in cooperation with the mentor
- Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author an writing drafts of the papers.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the mentor.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period including work with animal (mouse) models.
Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, immunology, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization of broad immunology and cancer biology.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Ability to function in a team environment and use interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Please apply online and send a cover letter, personal statement, CV, and contact information of three references to Ms. Danielle Hickethier (Danielle.Hickethier@cshs.org) and Dr. Sergei Grivennikov (email@example.com).
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Sergei Grivennkov Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later