Postdoctoral Scientist - Ramani Lab - Karsh Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Postdoctoral Scientist - Ramani Lab - Karsh Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1040767
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you join our team!
Cedars-Sinai is an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Principal Investigator, Komal Ramani, PhD, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
A postdoctoral Scientist position is available in Dr. Komal Ramani’s laboratory, (https://researchers.cedars-sinai.edu/Komal.Ramani) at the Karsh Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Ramani's laboratory focuses on the understanding the molecular mechanisms controlling the development of alcohol-associated liver disease (ALD), nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), liver fibrosis and NAFLD to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) development. Our current projects focus on the role of A-kinase anchoring proteins as therapeutic targets in ALD and liver fibrosis.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated scientist who can work independently in consultation with the principal Investigator and other investigators. Successful candidate will contribute towards the completion of ongoing research projects and may get a chance to develop their future line of research. The candidate will be expected to perform routine molecular biology techniques and advanced experiments related to ALD and liver fibrosis. Based on the direction of ongoing projects, future projects related to NAFLD-HCC will be designed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds. Incumbent will be encouraged to apply for fellowships as part of career development
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation, and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, or an area related to the field of research is preferred.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Experience in molecular biology/cell biology research techniques such as bacterial transformation, western blotting, quantitative PCR, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy and gene cloning.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, transfection,
- Basic experience in animal handling and administration (intraperitoneal injections and oral gavage, intravenous injections) desired. Primary cell isolation from murine tissues is desirable.
- Basic training and skills in bioinformatic analyses of large-scale data would be an added advantage.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Lifting, Standing, Walking
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Ramani Lab - Karsh Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Department:Home Dept - Medicine Research
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.