Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and treat disease.
The Mun laboratory research involve understanding the physiology and pathophysiology of mucociliary clearance, pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis (CF) and cystic fibrosis-related diabetes (CFRD). Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Mun and other Research Scientists, the Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, analyze and interpret data, and assist in preparation of grant proposals.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization, required.
Experience and Skillset:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Mun Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later