Postdoctoral Scientist - Martins Lab - ImmunobiologyRequisition # 20002824 Apply Now
Under the direction of Gislaine Martins, PhD, the Martins Laboratory focuses on the molecular regulation of immune responses, particularly the mechanisms regulating T lymphocyte function. To learn more, visit https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/martins.html.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist in the Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Immunobiology Institute (IBIRI), you will develop and work on basic and translational individual and collaborative projects with guidance from Dr. Martins.
- Independently works on research projects designed by a mentor
- Familiar with basic and advanced immunology concepts and methodologies
- Keeps up with the literature and is apt to incorporate new concepts from the literature when interpreting results
- Designs and performs complex immunobiology experiments and incorporates novel techniques and discoveries in cellular and molecular immunology required for advancement of projects
- Proficient in handling and working with mice and human tissues
- Interprets experimental results and demonstrates troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Assists in preparation of figures and writing for manuscripts and grant proposals, and participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author
- May apply for career development funding, but not responsible for generating grant funds
#Jobs-NHCN #Jobs-HERC #Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in immunology and or molecular biology
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Martins Lab - Immunobiology
- Department: Home Dept-Fine
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map