- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Postdoctoral Scientist - Li Lab - Biomedical Imaging Research InstituteRequisition # 19003435 Apply Now
The Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an interdisciplinary research program established in 2010 to develop and apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies to today’s most pressing translational research and clinical questions. The Li Laboratory within BIRI specializes in the development of novel MRI techniques to address the research and clinical needs of cardiovascular imaging. To learn more about Dr. Debiao Li's lab, please visit https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/li.html.
BIRI is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist for projects in quantitative body MRI under the supervision of Dr. Anthony Christodoulou!
As a Postdoctoral Scientist in the Li Lab, you will develop novel acquisition and reconstruction techniques for multiparameter mapping with MR Multitasking (doi:10.1038/s41551-018-0217-y). Basic science and translational projects are available for both cancer and cardiovascular applications and are supported by active NIH funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop pulse sequence software on Siemens and/or Bruker scanners
- Develop image reconstruction software in MATLAB, Python, and/or C++
- Design and performing imaging experiments on BIRI’s MR scanners
- Reconstruct and analyze MR data
- Communicate scientific findings in papers, proposals, and conference presentations
- PhD or equivalent doctorate degree in a STEM field required
Experience and Skillset:
- Background is in MR physics, pulse sequence programming, or image reconstruction preferred
- Strong publication record
- Completion of a previous graduate assistantship during PhD training preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Li Lab - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
- Department: BMS - Administrative Effort
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map