Postdoctoral Scientist - Kaye Lab - Immunology
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Postdoctoral Scientist - Kaye Lab - Immunology at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0787441E
Dr. Jonathan Kaye, Ph.D. is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist for the Research Division of Immunology | Cedars-Sinai, Department of Biomedical Sciences at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
The laboratory has a long-standing history of accomplishment investigating the molecular mechanisms that regulate T cell development and function. The laboratory uses murine models, including the generation of genetically modified strains, and takes advantage of access to human samples at Cedars-Sinai. Current work in the lab focuses on the investigation into the in vivo role, mechanism of action, and structure-function analysis of members of the TOX transcriptional regulator family (both within and outside the immune system and in cancer) and the development of therapeutics to target these proteins.
For more information and to learn more, please visit Kaye Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Kaye and other Research Scientists, the Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, analyze and interpret data, and assist in preparation of grant proposals.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization, required.
Experience and Skills:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated record of significant scientific accomplishment at the graduate or postdoctoral level.
- Solid background in immunology and/or molecular biology and/or biochemistry.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and ability to provide care/services based on the specific population.
- Demonstrates, modifies, and adapts work behavior in meeting the specific population needs such as personal, cultural, and spiritual/religious values, beliefs, preferences, and practices; age-related, cognitive, and psychosocial needs and abilities; family and other social situations; gender and sexual orientation; economic background and education (low literacy skills); communication needs – including language barriers and vision, hearing, and cognitive impairments.
- Demonstrates understanding and utilizes the chain of command as it relates to his/her own job if the Population Specific requires it
- Demonstrates understanding of Cedars-Sinai Culture of Safety.
Please send CV and contact information for references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Kaye Lab - Immunology
Department: BMS - General
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.