Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine - Slomka LabApply Now Share
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Designs and executes established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
Develops and tests new image processing and software methods.
Demonstrates current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
Presents research results at scientific meetings.
Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
Performs clinical validation of the study.
Contributes to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field required
- Proficiency in C++ programming.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry.
- Experience in image processing, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision.
- Basis system administration skills.
- Four (4+) years of programming experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multitask.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine - Slomka Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Noble
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later