- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Postdoctoral Scientist - Inflammatory Bowel - Michelsen's LabRequisition # 18001839 Apply Now
The Cedars-Sinai F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI) is searching for a Postdoctoral Scientist! IBIRI is a multidisciplinary basic, translational and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist in IBIRI, you will be focused on investigating immunology, autophagy and molecular biology in inflammatory bowel diseases under the direction of Dr. Kathrin Michelsen. To find out more about Dr. Michelsen's Lab, please visit:
- Data analysis of flow cytometry data
- Performs a variety of immunology, autophagy and molecular biology laboratory tasks and procedures and mouse models of inflammation
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results
- Independently works on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within an area of specialization
- Maintains lab equipment and related records
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization
- Assists new students and fellows in the laboratory
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures
- Doctorate (MD, PhD) in Immunology or Microbiology or related areas
- Familiar with sample preparation for flow cytometry and data acquisition on flow cytometry
- Familiar with mouse husbandry and breeding
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Inflammatory Bowel - Michelsen's Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Gastroenterology
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map