Postdoctoral Scientist - Gonsky Lab - Inflammatory Bowel & Immunobiology Research InstituteRequisition # 20002822 Apply Now
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work in one of the most outstanding and dynamic places known nationally for excellence in IBD research, where the work you do has a crucial impact on the lives of others?
Dr. Rivkah Gonsky is searching for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Scientist to be a part of an exciting opportunity within the Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI) - a multidisciplinary basic, translational and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
The focus of the Gonsky Laboratory is to define mucosa-specific molecular pathways, which contribute to pro-inflammatory gene expression and development and pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). To learn more about the lab under Dr. Rivkah Gonsky, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/gonsky.html.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist in IBIRI, you will be focused on investigating immunology and molecular biology in inflammatory bowel diseases under the direction of Dr. Rivkah Gonsky. The lab has defined a novel CD patient subtype associated with clinical and serological parameters of complex disease, postoperative recurrence and we are currently in the development of novel therapeutic targets for CD patient-specific therapeutics. The primary focus of this position will concentrate on further integrating these findings with clinical and genetic associated data to define the biologic consequences.
Essential and Department Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
#Jobs-NHCN #Jobs-HERC #Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn
- Independently works on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI)
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results
- Keeps up with the literature and may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols
- Experience in handling human tissue, cell isolation and tissue culture
- Assists in the preparation of figures and writing for manuscripts, grant proposals, and presentations
- Assists in the training of new research assistants or students
- Previous experience in RNAseq and ‘big data’ analytics is a plus
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in the area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Gonsky Lab - Inflammatory Bowel & Immunobiology Research Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Gastroenterology
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map