- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Postdoctoral Scientist - Ekaterina Koltsova LabRequisition # HRC0371737A Apply Now
Funded Postdoctoral Scientist position is available in Ekaterina Koltsova Lab at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
We are interested to uncover and define immune-mediated mechanisms regulating inflammation as a common denominator of various immune-mediated pathologies such as atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), obesity and cancer. We aim to elucidate mechanisms of how distinct cytokines as a key auctionable regulators of inflammation shape inflammatory environment during the disease pathogenesis. We study intersection of cytokine signaling and effects of microbiota and microbial metabolites on inflammation and tissue microenvironment as well as on cancer development.
Main research directions for the projects in the lab include:
1) Link between host microbiome, metabolites, inflammation and atherosclerosis
2) The role of cytokine signaling in adipose tissue inflammation and atherosclerosis
3) How cytokines regulate hematopoietic stem cells to promote CVD development
4) The role of inflammation and cytokines in liver cancer
The lab has recently relocated to Cedars-Sinai and we are looking for passionate scientists who can work independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other scientists in the lab. Successful candidates will be able to contribute to current projects in the lab as well as to develop their own line(s) of research within the broad scientific interests of the lab.
Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the fields of immunology and cardiovascular research and will be responsible for conceptual and technical contribution to drive exciting projects forward.
Formal responsibilities include:
- Design of experiments in cooperation with the mentor
- Perform experiments, analyze the results, keep appropriate experimental records
- Develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period including work with animal (mouse) models
- Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as an author or a co-author.
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals and apply for project-related fellowships and grants
Please apply online and send a cover letter, personal statement, CV, and contact information of three references to Ms. Danielle Hickethier (Danielle.Hickethier@cshs.org) and Dr. Ekaterina Koltsova (Ekaterina.Koltsova@cshs.org).
Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, immunology, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization of broad immunology and cardiovascular diseases.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment in the lab.
- Ability to function in a team environment and use interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- The knowledge in one or more of the following areas: microbiology, cell metabolism and hematopoietic stem cell biology is preferable
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Ekaterina Koltsova Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map