- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Postdoctoral Scientist - Department of Neurosurgery - Dr. Ueli Rutishauser LabRequisition # 20003229 Apply Now
Under the guidance and mentorship of Dr. Ueli Rutishauser (https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/rutishauser.html) in the department of neurosurgery and working closely with other postdoctoral scholars, graduate students, undergraduate students, research associates, and collaborators, our new Postdoctoral Fellow will be engaged in cutting-edge research with the goal of developing a mechanistic understanding of human cognition. You will participate in systems neuroscience research throughout the training period by utilizing intracranial recordings in humans and advanced computational and analysis methods to study the mechanisms of learning and memory. You will analyze and interpret data and may assist in preparation of grant proposals. You will participate in publications and presentations as an author or co-author. This NIH and BRAIN initiative funded position is an outstanding opportunity to receive training in a cutting-edge research program. Will not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Doctorate (PhD) in neuroscience or related field is required
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance and operation of specialized equipment.
- Should have recently graduated with a Ph.D. in neuroscience (or a related degree).
- Programming (Matlab or similar), data analysis, statistics and electrophysiology skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the neuroscience literature is essential.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required.
- Previous experience with human scalp-or intracranial EEG or animal intracranial electrophysiology is preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct high-quality research evidenced by first author publications is required.
- Position requires working with electrophysiology equipment and computers for extended periods of time and the use of specialized laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to sit, stand and/or stoop for long periods of time. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Department of Neurosurgery - Dr. Ueli Rutishauser Lab
- Department: Home Dept-Black
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map