- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Postdoctoral Scientist - Computational - Hazelett LabRequisition # HRC0388675 Apply Now
Principal Investigator, Dennis Hazelett, PhD is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
The laboratory under Dennis Hazelett, PhD in the Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics is working to understand how genetic variation contributes to disease etiology. One of the keys to unlocking the mechanisms of initiation and progression is understanding the epigenome — modifications to the packaging of DNA in chromatin that determine gene regulation — and how it relates to genetic variation.
For more information on Dr. Hazelett's research, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/hazelett.html
As a Computational Postdoc in Dr. Hazelett's lab, working independently but in close cooperation and consultation with the Principal Investigator (PI) and other Research Scientists, you will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period and may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the PI.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization
Experience and Skillset:
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Computational - Hazelett Lab
- Department: BMS - Bioinfo & Func Genomics
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map