- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Postdoctoral Scientist- Boiko LabRequisition # 20003673A Apply Now
Project Scientist position in cancer biology is available immediately in the Boiko lab at the Department of Medicine, Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The Candidate will participate in the NIH funded projects investigating strategies to target critical signaling pathways and immune checkpoints in melanoma and other solid tumors. These projects will entail molecular biology approaches including cloning, shRNA and CRISPR techniques, in-vitro proliferation and activation assays of human tumor cells and the immune cell lineages (including but not limited to Macrophages and T-Cells). These studies will also involve genetic and patient derived xenografted tumor models in mice, including in-vivo testing of the candidate therapeutic agents.
Applicants who possess solid experience and demonstrated robust productivity in the areas listed above are especially encouraged to apply.
A separate group of projects will involve system biology approaches to generate and analyze gene expression and sequencing data at the tissue and single cell level to unravel molecular evolution of tumor progression and identify novel critical gene targets. Candidates with solid bioinformatics background are encouraged to apply for these projects.
Successful applicants will have excellent publication record, strong self-motivation and passion for scientific discovery and be able to work effectively as a team member. Submit application materials online and email the copy of your resume to Alexander.Boiko@cshs.org
The postdoctoral scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate Degree - Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization, with demonstrable laboratory experience in drug discovery and natural products research, and in vivo mouse models for antitumor efficacy and pharmacology.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience (1-4 years) in drug discovery and natural products research, in vivo mouse work, antitumor efficacy, and pharmacology, with some experience in molecular biology, tumor cell biology, microbiology, and protein purification and production.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist- Boiko Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map