- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Prostate Cancer Program (T32)Requisition # HRC0367193 Apply Now
Funded by the National Cancer Institute (T32CA240172), the Multidisciplinary Training Program in Prostate Cancer at Cedars-Sinai Cancer provides exceptionally motivated postdoctoral fellows with scientific knowledge, research training, and professional skills in the field of translational, clinical, or health services prostate cancer research. The goal of the program is to provide innovative curriculum and mentored research that prepares an elite group of highly motivated fellows to become successful, independent researchers in cancer biology. Positions in bench-top laboratory, bioinformatics, or dry-lab (i.e. health services/clinical research) are available. To learn more about the program, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/education/professional-training-programs/postdoctoral-scientist-program/prostate-cancer.html
Due to the T32 Grant, U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status is required. Individuals from underrepresented minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Begin with Employees Like You
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Research Fellow will design and perform experiments in collaboration with the mentor throughout training period in prostate cancer research. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Responsible for designing experiments, assembling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expected to submit for own fellowship funding.
- Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments in cooperation with the mentor. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the mentor.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization required
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) in the field of cancer biology.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to three (1-3) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Ability to function in a team environment and use interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Prostate Cancer Program (T32)
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map