Physicist Assistant - ImagingRequisition # 20000207 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment patients where critical thinking is essential?
As a Physicist Assistant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will Perform physics surveys on the designated imaging equipment following the requirements of federal and state regulatory agencies and Joint Commission.
- You will assist physicists on the advanced equipment accreditation surveys following the requirements of American College of Radiology (ACR) and/or Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). The advanced equipment may include CT, PET and nuclear imaging, and MRI.
- You will participates dose tracking and review process. Under the direction of the physicists, analyzes and organizes the dose data for report.
- Assist in auditing the quality control records from different areas and communicates with the areas in a timely manner for any findings. The modalities include fluoroscopy, computed tomography, and others as designated.
- Maintains physics survey records and machine inventory.
- Assists on data analysis for clinical research projects.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, radiological technology or similar field required
- ARRT license is preferred
- Familiar with imaging equipment operations. Critical thinking capabilities. Skilled in Microsoft Excel including the use of macros and graphics. Capable of quickly learning dose measurement devices and ad-hoc software for dose tracking and data analysis.
- Good communications skills.
- Must be able to lift weight up to 25-pound.
- Must have drivers license and be able to drive to multiple off- site locations, with ability to transport several large phantoms.
- Working Title: Physicist Assistant - Imaging
- Department: Imaging Admin Outpatient
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map