The Physician Practice Coordinator supports the physician and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing a range of administrative related tasks to maintain a smooth and efficient front and back office workflow. This position also serves a key role in coordinating the patient experience within the practice through performing various administrative tasks that encompass patient communications, provision of health education information, coordination of translation services. Responsible for day to day supervision of assigned physician practice including management of physician practice clinical and surgery schedule.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all functions related to surgery scheduling including verifying insurance, scheduling of patients pre & post-operative appointments, acquiring health clearances, surgery authorizations and scheduling surgical assistants. Ensure that all pre-operative studies are scheduled and completed prior to surgery.
- Manages physician referral work queues by completing referrals in Epic corresponding to PPC tasks.
- Manages physician practice in coordination with medical assistants and other appropriate staff. Trouble shoot patient/physician issues and takes appropriate action for resolution.
- Handles administrative functions including physician correspondence, forms and request for authorizations, Cedars-Sinai med-legal patients, expense reports, calendar and other transcription needs when needed. Works with workers compensation adjusters, nurse case managers, submits WC request for authorizations and follows up to acquire statuses and receipt of documentation.
- Completes credentialing when needed at all physician facilities, ensures CVs are updated and medical staff privileges are current (CA license & DEA).
- Monitors work flow, assists in work assignments, recommends areas for improvement, interfaces/liaisons with other departments, assists in meeting/auditing.
- Coordinates MD mentoring opportunities with fellows, students, etc.
- Works with the billing and HIS departments to provide information for requested chart audits. Ensures that appropriate surgical reports, and daily clinic charges are sent to the billing department without delay for efficient reimbursement. Works closely with billing department to facilitate financial arrangements for individual patients.
- Acts as a liaison between physician and patients in communicating surgery concerns. Provides surgical scheduling information, resource coordination, and support to patients before, during and after surgery procedure(s). Provides health education materials including forms, videos, articles to advise target population of health topic as directed by physician. Develops with the physician, materials for patients pre- and post- surgery and correspondences in between.
- Provides support to physician with outside services, including, profession/collegiate teams, teaching and speaking engagements. Manages and coordinates logistics of care for VIPs and patients with special needs.
High school diploma or GED required.
Three (3) of experience working with a large medical group practice, and surgery scheduling experience in a high call volume setting preferred. Proficient in insurance protocols and have knowledge of HMO, PPO, and POS plans.
Must have experience working with worker's compensation carriers and an understanding of the WC cycle and protocols.
- Working Title: Physician Practice Coordinator - Kerlan-Jobe Institute
- Department: Kerlan-Jobe Park Terrace
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later