Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute is a world leader in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic and sports medicine injuries and illnesses.
Physician Assistant provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of Physician by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Under the direction of the physician, conduct patient assessments, order or directly provide treatments, and provide patient education and support
- Provides Pre-op and Post-op assessment, including treatment plans, follow up care and discharges of patients.
- First assist on all cases including suture skills equal to that of the surgeon, knowledge of anatomy of all cases, knowledge of latest surgical techniques and ability to contribute intelligent input into the surgical procedures.
- Work under protocol to develop an effective, safe and patient-centered treatment plan
- Provide timely and complete clinical documentation in the EHR following patient visits or telephone calls
- Maintain ongoing communication with the physician regarding assigned patients and provide timely notification of changes in patient status
- Attend case conferences, clinical rounds, and other types of meetings which address patient management and care coordination
- Maintain ongoing communication with other members of the care team through written documentation, telephone or in-person conversation
- Partner with the patient to develop contracts of care as needed and provide encouragement and motivational support to promote adherence to treatment plans
- Ensure timely access of patient appointments
- Some on call and rounding 1 weekend a month
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current, unrestricted California PA license required
- ACLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- DEA License required
- National PA certification required
- A minimum of 1 years of experience as a Physician Assistant preferred
- Experience in Orthopedics(shoulder) preferred
- First Assist in Orthopedic cases
- Working Title: Physician Assistant - Orthopedic(shoulder) - Kerlan-Jobe Park Terrace
- Department: Kerlan-Jobe Park Terrace
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (PA)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later