- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Pharmacy Technician - Medication HistoryRequisition # HRC0342743 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As Medication History Pharmacy Technician at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for assisting the pharmacist with patient's medication history. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist.
The employee performs job duties with sensitivity to the patient’s diverse cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to differentiate the dose ranges and dosage forms with consideration to the age of the population served, if applicable.
Schedule/Hours- The technician must be able to rotate shifts, alternate weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy License.
- Adequate background in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Training, as well as show a deep sense of honesty, integrity, reliability and good hygiene. Pharmacy background is necessary for the technician to be able to interpret physicians' orders for pharmacy items and to calculate dosages, volumes, weights, etc. for extemporaneous compounding.
- Exhibit accuracy and punctuality in all facets of their work.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Experience to do calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages.
- The technician must be able to use the following equipment; calculator, computer printer, PC, medication carts, automated dispensing machines etc. Proficiency in the operation of specialized equipment is necessary for assignment to specialized areas, i.e. OR/ER, Sterile Manufacturing, ACP, Storeroom, etc.
What Else Are We Looking for?
- A successful candidate should have a strong outpatient background, know medication indications, and have excellent customer service skills
- Working Title: Pharmacy Technician - Medication History
- Department: Outpatient Services Pharmacy
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map