- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient - Per DiemRequisition # 20002986 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai. It’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Join us! From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As a Pharmacy Technician you are responsible for the preparation, distribution and control of sterile and non-sterile oral and injectable medications and participation in departmental programs. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist.
The team member performs job duties with sensitivity to the patient’s diverse cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to differentiate the dose ranges and dosage forms with consideration to the age of the population served, if applicable.
What we're looking for:
- High school Diploma or GED Required
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy required
- Individuals must be able to do calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages.
- Pharmacy background is necessary for the technician to be able to interpret physicians' orders for pharmacy items and to calculate dosages, volumes, weights, etc. for extemporaneous compounding.
- Schedule/Hours: The technician must be able to rotate shifts, alternate weekends, and rotate throughout any areas requiring pharmacy technician
- The technician must be able to use the following equipment: calculator, computer printer, PC, medication carts, automated dispensing machines. Proficiency in the operation of specialized equipment is necessary for assignment to specialized areas, i.e. OR/ER, Sterile Manufacturing, ACP, Storeroom, etc.
Skills and Special Knowledge:
- Drug Names (trade and generic)
- Latin and chemical abbreviations
- Aseptic technique
- Selection of appropriate functions in assigned work area, eg; running fill lists and IVPB lists, TCE reports.
- Computer functions, keyboarding and operation of printer including loading paper
- How to determine a drug’s formulary status
- How to determine storage conditions for pharmaceuticals
- Regulations pertaining to the dispensing of medications
- Required to attend and pass all of the pharmacy technician training classes with a minimum score of 90% on the exam.
- In the event of a score of less than 90% on any part of the exam, a trainee will be allowed to repeat a test section one time only. Failure to pass with 90% or better on a repeat test will result in termination or transfer back to the previous position of another department.
- Acceptable completion of the on-the-job training program as evidenced by work samples and/or practical examinations.
- Working Title: Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient - Per Diem
- Department: Pharmacy-Stores-Mfg
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Per Diem
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map