- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Pharmacy Manager - Sterile Compounding - Interim PositionRequisition # HRC0419047B Apply Now
Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 430 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
This is a TEMPORARY INTERIM position that could last 3 - 6 months until a full time replacement has been identified. Travel expenses will be covered for this interim role.
As a Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Manager at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for management of sterile compounding services. Sterile Compounding responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Daily operations of main sterile compounding area
- Human resources management of approximately 40 pharmacists and technicians
- Quality, safety of sterile compounding services in main pharmacy and across medical center sterile compounding licensed pharmacies
- Sterile compounding competencies policies and procedure
- Compliance with regulatory requirements for sterile compounding services
- Ambulatory Infusion Services
- Operational efficiency and implementing processes to reduce wastage
- Drug shortage management
- Collaboration with pharmacy leadership team
- Participation in interdisciplinary committees including nutritional support
- Possess Pharm.D. degree
- Current pharmacy licensure in the state of California is preferred
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure is preferred
What else are we looking for?
- Minimum five years in pharmacy or pharmacy management
- Ability to apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principals for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated competency in Sterile Manufacturing, pharmaceutical calculations, compounding,
- Ability to comprehend patient management plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to serve as preceptor in teaching programs.
- Ability to prioritize work flow.
- Knowledge of law, regulations and standards relative to institutional pharmacy practice.
- Ability to develop and implement cost containment measures and new revenue sources.
- Ability to effectively manage human resources.
- Ability to develop and implement quality control and performance improvement measures.
- Ability to make recommendations, develop programs and expand services to meet the therapeutic needs of the patient.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practices.
- Initiates and implements Medical Center and departmental resource management initiatives.
- Ensure wage and non-wage expenses in areas of responsibility meet department’s budget goals.
- Ensure department compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging healthcare issues relevant to pharmacy practice.
- Working Title: Pharmacy Manager - Sterile Compounding - Interim Position
- Department: Pharmacy-Sterile Mfg-Iv
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map