Pharmacy Administration Leadership Residency - PGY-2Requisition # 20001994 Apply Now
Make a difference in Pharmacy
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 400 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. The Department of Pharmacy is committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) is affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
The PGY-2 Pharmacy Administration Leadership Resident at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center will receive a one year training in health-system pharmacy administration. He/She will serve as a member of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Pharmacy Administration team and participate in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services. They will exercise leadership and problem-solving skills through participation in departmental and organizational initiatives. The PGY-2 resident will also serve as the Pharmacy Administrator on-call in order to master managing pharmacy operations and human resources. Additionally, the Resident will develop teaching skills by serving as a preceptor for pharmacy practice residents and students. The Resident will develop a commitment to improving pharmacy practice through presentations at state and national meetings and contributions to pharmacy publications.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Current intern license in California
- California pharmacist licensure obtained within 90 days of program initiation
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure
- Candidates should have completed a PGY1 residency or have a minimum of 2 years of hospital experience.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of office software, e.g., Microsoft Office
- Ability to serve as preceptor for students
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to hospital pharmacy
- Clinical knowledge in drug therapy management of common disease, conditions and procedures
- Ability to evaluate medications regimen to meet patient needs
- Working Title: Pharmacy Administration Leadership Residency - PGY-2
- Department: Pharmacy-Training
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map