- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Pharmacist - Refill Center - Medical Care Foundation - Per DiemRequisition # 19000557 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 3,000 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses. In addition, Cedars-Sinai serves the community through its Medical Network, which includes the highly rated Cedars-Sinai Medical Group and Cedars-Sinai Health Associates.
Cedars-Sinai has consistently been named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, has received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 20 years in a row for providing the highest quality medical care in Los Angeles, and has the longest running Magnet designation for nursing excellence in California.
The Refill Center is open Monday - Friday
To ensure patient safety and the highest quality of care, Cedars Sinai Medical Network has established a Refill Center to help Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation physicians with the processing of medication refill requests. The per diem Refill Center Pharmacist is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Refill Center, helping to process medication refills in a timely manner and help to continuously improve the efficiency and quality of the Refill Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Approve protocol medication refill requests under physician signed protocols on behalf of CSMCF physicians;
• Identify medication related problems (i.e. dose and/or sig discrepancies, drug duplication, appropriate indication, drug-drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, need for labs and/or appointment);
• Communicate with physicians and pharmacists to recommend changes in medication therapy to optimize patient outcomes (i.e. labs not at goal, discontinuation of medication);
• Identify patients for Drug Therapy Management Programs;
• Provide patients’ with education on medication use, side effects, and drug interactions when appropriate;
• Promote cost-effective drug therapy by converting brand to generic medications when appropriate, per physician signed protocol;
• Complete medication prior authorizations;
• Help keep the medication refill protocols up-to-date based on current treatment guidelines, new medications approved by the FDA and new generic medications;
• Help to develop and implement new medication refill and conversion protocols;
• Track interventions and report outcomes to assess value and new opportunities for the Refill Center;
• Supervise pharmacy support specialists, provide training and ensure medication refills are completed in a timely manner;
• Actively participate in monthly meetings with the Refill Center staff.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree preferred
Current California Pharmacist license required
Retail pharmacy experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Refill Center - Medical Care Foundation - Per Diem
- Department: Medical Services
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map