Pharmacist - OR
Los Angeles, California
You're exacting in all you do. Happily, we're the exact same way. Make a difference in Pharmacy at Cedars-Sinai. Use your teamwork, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside distinguished physicians, collaborate with those conducting groundbreaking research, and apply yourself using cutting-edge evidence-based practice.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1433827
Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our six-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why we are #1 in California and eight years in a row on the "Best Hospitals" Honor Roll.
Our 889-bed nonprofit, acute, tertiary, teaching Level I trauma center hospital is located in the heart of Los Angeles. The Pharmacy Department has over 450 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via two cancer centers, outpatient pharmacies and ambulatory care clinics.
Days/Hours: This is a Monday - Friday position. Currently rotates between 6 am and 12:30 pm shift/s.
The full time 8 hour Operating Room Pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center will assist in the daily organization and supervision of medication management activities in the Operating Rooms, PACUs, Diagnostic and Procedural Areas, including but not limited to, provision of clinical and drug distribution services and other duties as assigned.
The employee performs job duties with sensitivity to the patients’ diverse cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to identify medication safety concerns in the age related population and institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment with consideration to the developmental changes in the patient population.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy. Prefer PharmD
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure .
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
- Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the pharmacist’s responsibilities.
- Ability to teach and serve as preceptor for training programs.
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration.
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of drugs.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to pharmacy practice.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic needs of patients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
- Possess patient-centered communication skills.
- Possess computer skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds for distances to 10 feet.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure alarms.
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers.
- Able to read information on medication labels
Work Environment (work environments, hazards and exposures that may be encountered on the job):
- Exposure to minimal but constant noise levels.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Some functions may include incidental exposure to hazards associated with preparation of cytotoxic medications.
- Some functions may require use of protective gear such as gloves and fluid-resistant coats.
Working Title: Pharmacist - OR
Department: AHSP Pharmacy
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$60.07 - $96.11
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Collaborate with distinguished physicians and cutting-edge researchers
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3,000 or more for positions requiring an pharmacist license
At Cedars-Sinai, our culture values the pursuit of career advancement and mobility. Our organization becomes stronger when employees grow and learn.
We welcome the most dedicated and passionate people to join our team.