- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Pharmacist - IV Room - Nights - 7 Day On/7 Day OffRequisition # HRC0436736 Apply Now
Make a Difference in Pharmacy
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 430 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. The Department of Pharmacy is committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) is affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As a 7 day on/7 day off - midnight IV Room Pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for the midnight organization and supervision of all drug distribution activities, including provision of clinical services, in the Sterile Products Preparation Area (IV Room) and Central Pharmacy.
3 year night shift commitment is required prior to moving to another shift.
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of pharmacy in the USA.
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification by American Heart Association or by American Red Cross
What else are we looking for?
- Responsible for safe, accurate, and timely operations of sterile compounding services and midnight central operations.
- Have knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
- Comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
- Extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Use verbal and written communication skills to fulfill the pharmacist’s responsibilities.
- Teach and serve as preceptor for training programs.
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration.
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of drugs.
- Know and apply laws, regulations and standards relative to pharmacy practice.
- Adapt to change.
- Prioritize workflow.
- Evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic needs of patients.
- Learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of pharmaceutical calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
- Use computer skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Use CII Safe for Removals when needed.
- Perform Swisslog cartfill audits and oversight.
- Emergency discharge prescriptions.
- Advanced Health Science Pavillion ACU compounding and dispensing of narcotics.
- Hold the Cetani pager and coordinate any refrigerator issues overnight as they occur.
- Work in 7 on/7 off rotation on midnights in Sterile Compounding.
- Working Title: Pharmacist - IV Room - Nights - 7 Day On/7 Day Off
- Department: Pharmacy-Sterile Mfg-Iv
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map