- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Pharmacist - InpatientRequisition # HRC0341427 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, level 1 tertiary care teaching hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, just a block away from Beverly Hills. The Pharmacy Department has over 380 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 4 outpatient pharmacies. The Department has accredited residencies in pharmacy practice and health-system pharmacy management and is affiliated with schools of pharmacy in California.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the daily organization and supervision of medication management activities in their areas, including but not limited to provision of clinical and drug distribution services and other duties as assigned.
The employee performs job duties with sensitivity to the patients’ diverse cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to identify medication safety concerns in the age-related population and institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment with consideration to the developmental changes in the patient population.
Employee takes initiative to continually learn and maintain clinical and regulatory knowledge.
This is a float position with rotating day/evening shifts.
• Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of pharmacy in the USA.
• Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience
• Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
• BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure.
• Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
• Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
• Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
• Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
• Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
• Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the pharmacist's responsibilities.
• Ability to teach and serve as preceptor for training programs.
• Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration.
• Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of drugs.
• Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to pharmacy practice.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Ability to prioritize workflow.
• Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic needs of patients.
• Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practice.
• Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
• Possess patient-centered communication skills.
• Possess computer skills necessary to perform job functions.
• Exceptions to be approved by the Chief Pharmacy Officer or designee.
• Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds for distances to 10 feet.
• Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure alarms.
• Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers.
• Able to read information on medication labels
Work Environment (work environments, hazards and exposures that may be encountered on the job):
• Exposure to minimal but constant noise levels.
• Repetitive hand motions.
• Some functions may include incidental exposure to hazards associated with preparation of hazardous medications.
• Some functions may require use of personal protective equipment.
• Use of standard precautions for infection control.
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Inpatient
- Department: Pharmacy-5Th
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map