Pharmacist - Inpatient Floater
Los Angeles, California
You're exacting in all you do. Happily, we're the exact same way. Make a difference in Pharmacy at Cedars-Sinai. Use your teamwork, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside distinguished physicians, collaborate with those conducting groundbreaking research, and apply yourself using cutting-edge evidence-based practice.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1166475
Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons it was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as 2nd Best Hospital in the nation and #1 in California. Cedars-Sinai continues to be acknowledged as a world leader in patient care, education and research.
Our 886-bed nonprofit, acute, tertiary, teaching Level I trauma center hospital is located in the heart of Los Angeles. The Pharmacy Department has over 450 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via two cancer centers, outpatient pharmacies and ambulatory care clinics.
Committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where over 125 residents have graduated from the accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
The full time Inpatient Floater Pharmacist (general adult float) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is responsible for the daily organization and supervision of medication management activities in their areas, including but not limited to provision of clinical and drug distribution services and other duties as assigned.
This is a 10 hour position with rotating days/evenings and rotating weekends.
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of pharmacy in the USA.
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure
What else are we looking for?
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
- Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the pharmacist’s responsibilities.
- Ability to teach and serve as preceptor for training programs.
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration.
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of drugs.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to pharmacy practice.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic needs of patients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
- Possess patient-centered communication skills.
- Possess computer skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Exceptions to be approved by the Chief Pharmacy Officer or designee.
Working Title: Pharmacist - Inpatient Floater
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 10 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$58.36 - $93.38
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Collaborate with distinguished physicians and cutting-edge researchers
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3,000 or more for positions requiring an pharmacist license
At Cedars-Sinai, our culture values the pursuit of career advancement and mobility. Our organization becomes stronger when employees grow and learn.
We welcome the most dedicated and passionate people to join our team.