Pharmacist - Data Analyst - Hybrid
Los Angeles, California
You're exacting in all you do. Happily, we're the exact same way. Make a difference in Pharmacy at Cedars-Sinai. Use your teamwork, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside distinguished physicians, collaborate with those conducting groundbreaking research, and apply yourself using cutting-edge evidence-based practice.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0948206
Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 430 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Hybrid role: 1 day a week from home
As a Data Analyst Pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will have the responsibility for providing support for pharmacy financial, operational and clinical data analytics. This position will support Managers, Associate Directors, Executive Directors, and the Vice President of Pharmacy Services in interpreting and analyzing data results and provide ongoing reports, develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. In addition, the Data Analyst Pharmacist will help extract data from primary or secondary data sources, including, but not limited to, Epic, BD Pyxis, Omnicell Carousels, and Wholesalers, maintain databases/complex data systems, filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems. They will work with management to prioritize business and information needs as well as improvement opportunities.
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of pharmacy in the USA.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
What else are we looking for?
- Proven experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Good analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principals for the selection drug products in a clinical setting
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems
- Ability to develop and implement cost containment measures and new revenue sources
- Initiates and implements Medical Center and departmental resource management initiatives
- Ability to develop and implement quality control and performance improvement measures
- Ability to make recommendations, develop programs and support business operations planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to serve as preceptor in teaching programs
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Knowledge of law, regulations and standards relative to institutional pharmacy practice
- Maintains knowledge of emerging healthcare issues relevant to pharmacy practice
- Constantly - Ability to type data on keyboard
- Frequently - Sitting, Responsiveness to Auditory Alarms: telephones, fire alarms, mechanical failure alarms, Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients, and other customers, and ability to read information on medication labels.
- Occasionally - Frequent Standing and Walking
- Rarely - Bending, Reaching, Pushing and Pulling, and Lifting
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Data Analyst - Hybrid
- Department: Pharmacy-Stores-Mfg
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Collaborate with distinguished physicians and cutting-edge researchers
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3,000 or more for positions requiring an pharmacist license
At Cedars-Sinai, our culture values the pursuit of career advancement and mobility. Our organization becomes stronger when employees grow and learn.
We welcome the most dedicated and passionate people to join our team.