- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Pharmacist - Angeles ClinicRequisition # HRC0350357 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient satisfaction? Would you like to use your professional skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? Please apply today for this outstanding full-time opportunity in a state-of-the-art healing environment. We would be happy to hear from you!
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care.
As a Pharmacist at the Cedars-Sinai Angeles Clinic in our West LA location, you will provide quality patient care in relation to the patient’s oncologic diagnosis, prescribed treatment, age group, and other identified needs. Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to oncology patients to assure safe and effective drug therapy. Requires independent decision-making, clinical judgment, and in-depth knowledge of oncology and therapeutics.
- Provides optimal selection of pharmacologic agents, and design of a regimen to maximize therapeutics benefit and minimize toxicity. Provides daily follow-up on the clinical effects of the regimen with adjustments as necessary to achieve desired outcomes
- Daily, rounds in the clinic areas with direct patient care contact for visual assessment of physical and psychological signs of drug-related effects.
- Provides drug and clinical information to other healthcare professionals in response to specific questions regarding new drugs, biologics, or technologies for specialized drug delivery. Provides a significant level of education to professionals and patients.
- Provides pharmacokinetics dosing and monitoring for all patients on drugs where therapeutics levels are reported.
- Verifies all drug storage and drug accountability is in compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Monitors that drug refrigerators are maintained within acceptable temperature range for drug storage.
- Serves as a resource to clinic staff for pharmacy issues and medication information.
- Responsible for the oral pharmacy duties as assigned.
- Supports the e-scripting needs of the clinic.
- Provides educational inservices to staff.
- Coordinates the immunization clinic for employees on an annual basis and as needed.
- Responsible that employees are offered the required immunizations, vaccinations, and blood tests according to the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control.
- Coordinates daily chemotherapy drug order by pharmacy technician, and provides necessary coverage of this task as needed.
- You will verify that the clinic, retail and research pharmacys are managed in accordance will California Pharmacy Law.
- Participates on site initiation visits (SIVs) for new clinical trials.
- Maintains research drug accountability logs.
- Mixes chemotherapy blinded study drugs, and research clinical trial drugs as needed.
- Dispenses oral research drugs and educates patients regarding trial regimens.
- Along with the nursing team, monitors serious adverse events (SAEs) of the clinical trial regimens.
- Available to the clinical trial monitors during audits and visits.
- Ability to deal effectively with many people
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with a diverse patient population and a variety of staff.
- Strong customer service skills
- Coordinates and verifies work of the Pharmacy Support Specialist in mixing chemo, immunotherapies, dispensing, order verification.
- Successful completion of school of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) preferred
- Current pharmacy licensure in the State of California
- Current eligibility to obtain and NPI
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification within 6 months of employment preferred
- Experience in retail pharmacy with oncology experience is highly preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in a outpatient clinic setting with oncology experience is highly preferred
- Research experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and coordinate work
- Abilitiy to multi-task in a very busy environment
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Angeles Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map