- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Perf Imprvt Facilitator IRequisition # 18001790 Apply Now
This position is responsible for facilitating simple performance improvement activities and supporting large, cross-functional process improvement teams to achieve the organization's mission and goals and to ensure compliance with accreditation, licensing and regulatory requirements. This includes supporting senior staff in the preparation, facilitation and follow-up of improvement team meetings, compiling and creating graphical displays of data, developing presentations and employing project management skills to ensure goals are achieved within the specified timeframes.
Essential job Duties and Responsibilities:
Apply Rigorous Analytic Skills:
- Utilizes data from internal and external sources to transform into graphs and charts
- Analyzes data for trends, variances, and deficits.
- Supports health system monitoring efforts (e.g. Dashboards)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative statistics.
- Supports facilitation of large and/or complex improvement teams.
- Independently facilitates small projects/teams
- Demonstrates “Spirit of teamwork” attitude
Apply PI Tools & Methodologies:
- Independently generate process maps and flow charts and conduct observation for the purposes of collecting data and establishing the current state.
- Demonstrates knowledge of improvement tools, models, and methodologies, and efficiently approaches a problem using them.
- Provides concise reports (written or verbal) of activities and results.
- Demonstrates effective communication with various members of the organization.
- Documents discussion and outcomes.
- Documents project status, activities, and work accomplished toward achieving goals
- Supports multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Completes assigned action items.
- Responsible for independently managing short-term projects.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Quickly acquires subject knowledge.
- Researches best practices and regulatory guidelines from a variety of sources.
- Supports PI education efforts.
Focuses on meeting the needs of internal and external customers:
- Seeks and responds to customer feedback, and maintains effective relationships with customers.
Reflects the mission, vision, and values of CSMC:
- Adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program
- Complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Education and Experience requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree required; coursework in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, business, science, engineering) required. A combination of education/experience will be considered.
Knowledge of principles, concepts, and techniques of quality/performance improvement required; experience in the application of process improvement and statistical process control methodologies desired. Work experience in an acute health care setting desired. Must have excellent problem solving skills. Must have strong analytical skills. Knowledge and skills using PC/Macintosh applications, especially spreadsheet programs; experience with Minitab or other statistical program preferred. Must have dynamic personality and excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work both collaboratively and independently within a deadline-driven environment. Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to quickly develop and maintain productive relationships with team members. Ability to complete work assignments, accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision. Ability to projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Ability to work with staff at all levels of the Hospital. Ability to adhere to established Hospital, State, and Federal confidentiality policies
Must be self-motivated and able to adapt to evolving business needs.
DEPARTMENT AND/OR UNIT SPECIFIC – ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES:
Master’s Degree preferred.
Physical Requirements (physical abilities essential to perform the job)
Routine office environment with prolonged sitting and use of keyboard/monitor.
Able to travel to various locations on campus to meet with other personnel as requested.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties required for the position.
- Working Title: Perf Imprvt Facilitator I
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Compliance/Quality
- Job Specialty: Performance Improvement
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map