- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Representative II - Procedure Center Vascular Access - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19001204 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Patient Service Representative II (PSR II), following established practices, policies and guidelines, provides clerical and administrative support/duties while handling high volume of patient coordination and complex scheduling in the licensed clinics at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The PSR II is cross-trained to cover multiple providers and is a resource.
Duties may include:
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Scheduling and authorization for appointments
- Procedural scheduling for patients
- Coordination of procedures/tests and other ancillary services
- Patient check-out and rescheduling of follow-up appointments
- Training for new PSRs
- Insurance verification functions
- Chart/medical records preparation
- Sorting and deposition of mail and patient information
- High School (G.E.D.) graduate required.
- Two (2) years college preferred.
- General understanding of medical terminology.
- Medical terminology coursework preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with insurance companies and obtaining authorizations required.
- Previous work experience in a healthcare, procedural, ambulatory or outpatient setting or physician’s office, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other Cedars-Sinai Health System customers.
- Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or a comparable system, including keyboarding and mouse skills.
- Must additionally possess a working knowledge of basic word processing. E-mail browsers and on-line internet access.
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization, functions, policies and procedures of the outpatient physician clinic and the relationship with the larger Cedars-Sinai Health System and the ability to apply the knowledge to the work of the office and/or comparable experience.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with Directors, Managers, internal staff, patients, physicians and representatives of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and independently.
- English language proficiency. Bilingual preferred/helpful.
- Working Title: Patient Service Representative II - Procedure Center Vascular Access - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Procedure Ctr Vascular Access
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map